Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Shooting Deep Three's

Problem- We are trying to see if the size of a ball changes your shout and your form.


Hypothesis-

Adam- I will make 7 shots out of 20 because I'm use to the men’s ball and I have not shot a women’s ball in a long time. Another reason is that I never really shot threes in games or practices. More of the balls used in games are men’s so it will be easier with the I'm use to. But you never know the one inch smaller might not make a differences . well I'm not that wise so i don’t know.

Experimental Design-
go to the gym and shoot basketballs 15 each ball per person
have all of us shoot 15 times
add the scores up


Variables-
The balls
Basketball court
Hoop


Produces- The first thing we had to do was shoot which wasn’t very hard. But then we had to put all our info into bar graph which wasn’t hard again but the results ended up being really close to each other. We all got in 4 and below because it is hard to change our shot in like in like 10 min so we couldn’t make many. All our goals were to make 5 or more but that didn’t happen.





Observation- What we were trying to do is see if a having to different size basketballs would effect our shoot which by watching it did alot because we were shooting all over the place and we didn’t even hit the rim that much because of the different balls. One thing I saw was how we were shooting because we had a different shoot for both balls. The hard thing is we had to get use to each ball as we were shooting.



Conclusion-

Adam- I wasn’t thinking I would make the same amount with each ball but i think i did because one is light and the other one I’m use to and if you aren’t use to it you have to get use to. most of shooting is the form because you have to have good form to play basketball because it makes it easier. But I had to have a different form for each of the balls because then other wise it is hard to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment