Tuesday, March 19, 2013

In the Alley

Authors Note: This is my figurative langue piece. It is on a boy walk home through a alley. 

The night sky gives the alley a ghostly feeling. If I had to walk a million miles to get home or the alley I would take the million miles, so I would not have to take this dark and terrifying way. Tonight, this is my only option as I have to get home fast for dinner. When I step into the alley it feels like I am swallowed by darkness. I can hear every step I take. Hearing the gun shots in the distance, followed by glass bottles breaking and sirens. My heart is pounding like a marching band of drums. Every step I take I feel like I am getting farther from the end. My blood is rushing through my body faster than a cheetah running in an open field. I’m already late for dinner, should I just run through or turn around? I dart for the end. I’m running faster than Bolt in the Olympics. I am finally at the end. Dinner is ready for me when I get home. Not a word is said by me about the alley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment